Don Yaeger is a nationally acclaimed inspirational speaker, longtime Associate Editor of Sports Illustrated and author of 25 books, nine of which have become New York Times Best-sellers.
Click to tweet: Don Yaeger shares his outstanding experience and insights on Onward Nation!
Subscribe to Onward Nation!
What do you do in the first 60 minutes of your day?
Don’s days don’t always begin the same way — if he’s at home, he spends time with his wife and son — but if he’s on the road, he begins his day with exercise and listening to podcasts. Whether you’re at home or on the road, begin the day in the way it needs to begin. ONWARD!
Favorite quote or lesson?
“Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
How do you define success?
“Success is the peace of mind that comes from knowing each and every day that you’ve done your very best.” – John Wooden
What strategy do you use to combat fear?
Don believes you need to let your fears go if you want to overcome them — and Don tells the reasons why here.
What makes as “A player” an “A player”?
An “A player” wants to work with other “A Players” — “A Players” don’t frighten “A Players.”
Final Round – “Breaking Down the Recipe for Success”
How can we become better mentors?
- Force your mentees to be an active participant in your mentor-mentee relationship — otherwise you can’t mentor them
How can we build an audience?
- Provide value to others — otherwise they’ll follow someone else
- Be consistent — people have to know that you’re going to be giving them something on a schedule
How can business owners reach that elusive next level?
- Get out of your comfort zone — it’s all about thoughtful risk
- The ability to put failure in perspective
How best to connect with Don: