Achieving Long Term Goals One Step at a Time, with Dorie Clark
Dorie Clark helps individuals and companies get their best ideas heard in a crowded, noisy world. She has been named one of the Top 50 business thinkers in the world by Thinkers50 and was honored as the #1 Communication Coach in the world at the Marshall Goldsmith Coaching Awards. She is a keynote speaker and teaches for Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and Columbia Business School. She is the author of Entrepreneurial You, which was named one of Forbes Top 5 Business Books of the Year, and Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of the Year by Inc. magazine.
A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, Clark has been described by the New York Times as an expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives. She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review and consults and speaks for clients such as Google, Yale University, and the World Bank. She is a graduate of Harvard Divinity School, producer of a multiple Grammy-winning jazz album, and a Broadway investor.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why working through the small tasks leads to progression
- How to creatively and intellectually engage employees
- How to leverage your time more efficiently
- Why Dorie was inspired to write her book about productivity The Long Game and some of the biggest takeaways from the book that business owners can apply within their own team
- How to protect 20% of your time for personal growth
- Some of the golden nuggets that Dorie would love business owners to focus on for the long game
- The impact of the Great Resignation on business owners and what you can do to fill the pipeline of talent going forward
- Why strategic thinking is so critical in achieving your long term goals
- Website: www.dorieclark.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/doriec/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dorieclarkauthor/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dorieclark/
- Twitter: @dorieclark
- You can download her free Long Game self-assessment workbook and learn more at dorieclark.com/thelonggame
Fill Your Sales Pipeline Q&A
LIVE Wednesdays at 1:00 pm Eastern / 12 Noon Central
The Sell with Authority Podcast is for agency owners, business coaches, and strategic consultants who are looking to grow a thriving, profitable business that can weather the constant change that seems to be our world’s reality.