Art Boulay’s Biography:
Art Boulay, MBA, is CEO of Strategic Talent Management, a consulting firm he co-founded based in Maine with clients all over the US. Like you, he recognizes that organizations spend lots of money solving problems caused by a lack of soft skills among their leaders, managers, employees and new hires. He is an expert in solving those people challenges.
Art brings practical ideas, humor and common sense solutions to each assignment. He specializes in organizational planning, succession & leadership, and is a certified behavioral and leadership coach. He is an expert in applying assessment tools to solve real-world challenges in coaching & development, hiring, promotion and recruitment.
Art has lived in Maine most of his life and enjoys hiking and camping in the beautiful north woods of Maine. He currently makes his home in Brunswick, Maine with his wife Lori.
Sue MacArthur’s Biography:
Sue MacArthur has developed Strategic Talent Management’s national recruiting practice into being one of four key service areas. Prior to joining STM, Sue had a dynamic career in the areas of human resources and operations. She has worked for Westin Hotels, John Hancock Financial Services, and Manpower Staffing Services; and has worn many hats with a variety of startup companies.
Leadership, people, and problem-solving are her passions. Sue’s non-traditional career path allows her to bring unique insights and diverse perspectives to complex situations and produce innovative solutions. As a reformed politician, building consensus and trust come naturally to Sue, which allows her to create relationships, build rapport, and understand the needs of others. Sue’s professional strategy moving forward is to bring her expertise, experience, and passions together to leave a positive legacy.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Art shares how he co-founded Strategic Talent Management, and he explains how his business has evolved over its existence
- Sue shares how she joined STM and quickly began helping to grow the business and evolving the solutions STM offers its clients
- Why the recurring theme Sue hears from employees leaving their jobs is “I just couldn’t go back there”, and what factors are contributing to The Great Resignation
- Why your employer branding needs to be honest, clear, direct, and should avoid sounding too generic or overly rosy
- Why it’s equally important for candidates to know who they are and what their goals for their career are, and how Art and Sue help candidates clarify their aspirations
- How STM’s assessment works, what data points and tools they use, and how their process helps match ideal employers with right-fit candidates
- Art shares how his team helps employers avoid “bad hire” situations, and he shares how hiring mediocre performers is a bigger problem than hiring bad performers
- Why you shouldn’t be looking for “perfect candidates” but rather should be focusing on what you need in a role and then finding someone who fits those needs
- How behavioral assessment tools (such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) can be useful for learning more about potential hires and how they would fit into the team
- Why your existing team can be an outstanding resource for building a pipeline for talent and bringing in great candidates even during The Great Resignation
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: https://strategictalentmgmt.com/blog/
- Website: https://strategictalentmgmt.com/
- Art’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/artboulay/
- Sue’s LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/suemacarthur/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/strategic-talent-management/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Strategic-Talent-Management-77066671390